Saturday, June 5, 2010

Updates

Well I am back, It has been a rough few days for me. With the steriod treatments I would get massive headaches that I could not handle very well. At home I could just take a ibuprofen and It would be fine, not in the hospital! Roxy is what you get! As most of you already know, I was able to attend my son's graduation. I didn't make it for the whole thing, but I know he knew I was there and how very proud I was of him! He is such a fine young man..watch out all you females out there, my boy is a good catch!
I had the priviliage of meeting a young women named Brandi Chase, Dr. Ash brought her up to my room for us to get aquainted. We just hugged for a long while with tears in both of our eye's. She is still in the program for A.L.L and knows what I am going through or will be going through. What a breath of fresh air to know you are not the only one in this boat, and together, with our heavenly father's help, we will make it.
Had my first round of chemo yesterday, and i was a tough day., No appetite, fatigue, and nausea had set in, I felt so homesick and was missing my boy's.
Today was a different story, My boys came to see me and that made all the difference in the word. Just to give them a hug and a kiss and let them know how much I love them made me feel great!! So far the second dose of chemo has been great and I am feeling alot better. One day at a time and the battle will be over! Oh more good news today, my dna came back with no signs of the Philidelphia Chromozone. That means forward march! Thanks again for all the love and prayers in my behalf and I want you all to know how much I love each and every one of you! Until next time

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your 2nd day was better! Good for you! Hang in there--you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geneice, I wanted to do a little dance when I found out you don't have the Philadelphia chromosome. However, I didn't, but am walking on the hurt leg much better than yesterday. Sorry I had to cop out on you. I love you tons and you are always in my mind and prayers. I'm glad the boys got to visit. I know it probably did them as much good as it did you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!! I know you are tough and can do anything. Love you LOTS!!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy the boys got to come see you. I know there will be rough days ahead, but hopefully there will be at least a moment of happiness everyday! The pictures were very cute. John also loved them--we were both joking about how all of the boys were smiling! (That just didn't happen in the pictures I took at graduation!) Here's to hoping tomorrow will be a great day too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't in the dancing mood like my mother when I read you don't have that chromosome, but I am sitting here with tears trying to control my emotions. I'm so grateful for the tender mercies the Lord is providing to you during this time. I'm so glad the boys went down to see you. I know it made me feel a lot better when I went down. You are in such a great place. I was so impressed with the nurses there and the care you are getting. I always knew you were a saint. (after all you have lived with my brother for 20 years). You are tough and have a strong spirit, I have a good feeling about all this. Carry on!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geneice,
    I am just checking in to say "I love you" of course you already knew this 'cuz I've been telling you for ever!!! Uncle Lynn even fasted for you and prayed for you yesterday. He doesn't usually get the spirit of fasting, but considering he is sick I was impressed that he did as well as he did. He seems to be having a problem with his breathing--he went to the doctor --does that tell you how awful he feels? So how are things today?

    ReplyDelete
  7. you keep it up. you are very strong and a special person. i am keeping up on you so you better behave and get better. love ya friend i am thinking about you everyday.

    Covina

    ReplyDelete