Friday, June 18, 2010

June 18, 2010

Just a quick update..Everything went well today. On the way to the lumbar poke my kind driver and I sang primary songs all the way down the long haul to the procedure room. He just got home from a mission about 6 months ago and was so sweet to sing with me. I received the triple dip chemo in the spinal column and the vin cristine through the I.V. I also chose to have a bone marrow biopsy to help in the study that I am on for leukemia. It has been a full day, and I am very tired tonight, but want everyone to know that I am still strong and fighting 100% of the day.
I was also glad to see Jed back with me again, I miss him so much during the week, along with those great boys of mine. Everyone have a great night!

6 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! Keep up the good fight and know you are loved and cared for. Talked to Aunt Judy yesterday. She loves you a ton! So do I!!
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things went "well"--or as well as can be. You are a great example to all of us! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so gald that the day has gone so well. Keep up the fight! love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so comforting to know that you are in such good care there. From what you've said the doctors and nurses sound amazing. I'm glad it went well today. Hope you have a good night of rest. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geneice,

    Just wanted you to know this does not last forever. You will have some bad days, good days and GREAT days. I have been off my chemo almost 8 months and I really am returning to normal. Not sure if that is bad or good. One thing I learned down deep in my soul was that Father DOES NOT make mistakes. He can change anything He needs to. If things should be different He would make them different. Since they are not different, this is the way that IS best for me and my family and who am I to question or counsel the Lord. That helped my to be submissive to the learning program he had me on and boy did He teach me. Gently and lovingly with mercy and kindness I learned on my knees at His feet. Is it hard? YES! Is it easy? No! But I know Him better, I love Him more and my focus in life has changed in the ways needed in order to to return to Him. The sacrament is more meaningful and real to me. I give thanks every day that He would loved me enough to walk that cancer road with me.
    Snuggle in under his loving arms and cry and laugh and believe. All things WIll work together for your good.
    Everyday you do is one day done, a day you had before you and now it is behind you.

    It will get better! So many of us have you continually in our prayers. Know we are out here and you are not forgotten. My prayer for you that you can have peace in your soul and feel the Lord near you!

    I love you,
    Sandi Smith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the fight Geniece! You are so brave.

    MaryAnn Brown

    ReplyDelete