Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday, June 6th, 2010

Just wanted to let everyone know I did great with the second round of chemo yesterday. This morning I was a little nauseated, but with the help of a pill, I was able to eat all my breakfast!! I wanted to let you all know that I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and that no matter where or what our circumstances are the church is all around us. Even in the hospital. I know that with my heavenly fathers help I will win the battle ahead of me and go on to enjoy my like again. I am so thankful for the priesthood and the comfort it gives to me in the time of need. I know my prayers are heard each and every day and night, for this gives me the peace that I need to keep my chin up. My mom and I were able to receive the sacrament here in my room, boy I think that for the first real time I understood what that means to me, and the comfort the sacrament is for me in my life. I never want to be without it. The missionaries gave my mom a very sweet blessing of comfort and for that I am grateful. She is my rock (along with the love of my life, Jed), and don't know what i would do without either one of them! May we all strive to do what is right and true in our life and heavenly father will always be there for us, NO Matter WHAT! Thank you to all those who are fasting in my behave today, I love each and everyone of you!

5 comments:

  1. We are so glad you were able to see your kids and get through the 2nd treatment. We are fasting for you and your family today. This is a hard thing to deal with. I know how your kids are feeling. Its is hard on the family as much as the patient. Hang in there remember to keep smilling it makes you feel better. Tawnie and I want to try and come see you made this wednesday we need to look at a music system in salt lake and thought we could come visit also. Take care we love you and are praying for you and your family>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, get me crying before Fast meeting even starts! I am so happy you have such a strong testimony...It will get you through this! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geneice, I am glad you are handling the chemo treatments. I have a meeting in salt lake on tuesday night so i will call you on tuesday and see if you are up to having a visitor. Keep your head up and keep smiling!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of prayers in your behalf today :) Was a really good church day!! We will see you Tusesday. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your posts and I am sooo glad that you were able to see your boys! We walked the relay for life for you on Friday and they mentioned the patients from your floor! Totally brought tears to my eyes... You are such a strong lady and still have many more things to do! I loved your testimony and I am soo glad that your chemo is going well! Stay strong and I want to leave this quote with you...Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."
    - Gordon B. Hinckley

    ReplyDelete