Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 27, 2010

I am still doing good and trying each day to get a little bit stronger. The chemo really makes you tired and fatigued. I think that is what frustrates me the most is not being able to get right back into the lifestyle that I am use to and know it will be a long road back. Patients, patients, patients. I have enjoyed my first visit to Wal-Mart and was so glad to get out of there, but it sure felt good to be apart of the regular world again. Jed and Weston have been taking great care of me and I love them so much.
Weston has even made a friend down here and spent the whole day with him and his family yesterday. They made the comment that if he was here again on Saturday they were going to give him a yellow shirt and put him on the basketball team. I am thankful for friends of my cousin and there concern for us as well. The gospel is all around us, and for that I am thankful. Not much more to report so until next time, I love you all!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Geneice its the Harrah kids!!! We just came home from church!! Hope you're doing well!! We are praying for you!! :)Tyler, Alyssa, April, Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geniece,
    What I don't take for granted. A trip to Wal-Mart. You sound so great in the post and it's good to know that things are going so well. Know you will continuely be in my thoughts and prayers. Love you TONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geneice! I am a big fan of your Blog, I read it every day! I love hearing how things are going for you. You are always in my prayers. I've noticed how great your garden is growing at home. Jed is taking good care of it. I would do anything for you, if you need me, let me know. Love from your neighbor and friend, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geneice,

    Hello, Thanks so much for letting me come down and party like a rock star with you and Weston. I hope you and your mom are having a great time. I am so glad to hear that you got to go to wal-mart. It may only be a few miles, but what a trip.
    Friend always, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geneice,
    Nancey and I were walking and talking the other day. I just want you to know that even though I don't know how hard the treatment and its effects are, I do know the other side of watching a loved one suffer from this dreadful disease. In about two weeks, the Cache Valley Relay for Life is taking place. My team, Meharee, are raising money for the American Cancer Society. I would like to honor you in our participation if that's okay. I will put your name on my shirt along with my Dad. I am pulling for you and know that if anyone can beat this, its you. Keep up the posts. You already have proven to be a great example for me. Thank you. I love you and pray for you and your family. If you ever need anything, let me know.

    Hugs from Perry,
    Jennie;}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just thought I'd check in and let you know you are in my thoughts. I hope you keep doing well. --Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought of you last week while we were on our pioneer trek, and knew that although we don't have the same challenges as they did, we all are pioneers and having our own journey and trials. As hard as it was at times on the trek, I thought about the journey you are on and it gave me strength. I knew I could keep going. On the women's pull we talked about strong women and the example they are to us in our lives. I thought of you then also. You are an inspiration to us all. Keep on smiling, it makes me smile and teary every time I read this.

    ReplyDelete