Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Graduation

Thanks for all the prayers in Geneice's behalf. She was able to attend part of the graduation--I'm sure not as long as she'd have liked, but we were so happy to see her there!

I took a bunch of pictures, so this is probably picture overload, but these are for the proud mama!


Geneice's family with the graduate


Jed's family with the graduate

I loved this picture!


Handing the name card



Colten with a friend--Justin Moore?
(Did I get that right? Someone leave a comment and correct me if I'm wrong!)


With Grandpa Owen--if you've ever had a picture with Grandpa Owen, you know EXACTLY what is happening in this picture!
Grandma and Grandpa Owen


Grandpa Smith



Fan club

When Geneice first came in. So sweet. :)

I don't know if anyone else was touched at all by this, but the words to the song that the Madrigals sang, I thought, were very fitting:

You're not alone
Together we stand
I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There's no place to go
You know I won't give in
No I won't give in

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

So far away
I wish you were here
Before it's too late, this could all disappear
Before the doors close
And it comes to an end
With you by my side I will fight and defend,
I'll fight and defend
Yeah, yeah!

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
Nothing's gonna change, nothing's gonna change destiny
Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!

I cried clear through it. I'm a bawl baby, I know. I blame it on John--I swear I didn't cry near as much before I married into his family. :)


5 comments:

  1. You looked beautiful tonight Sis! And Jaime yes I did notice the words to the song. It was amazing. We will fight and defend! Congrats to Colten We're all proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did your best! You looked great!! We had fun with Colten and now we can move on to whatever comes our way. Love ya hang strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m in tears right now. (Jamie, I blame my pregnancy) :)
    Geneice, we are so glad you got to go to Colten's graduation. The Lord is a marvelous man! We love you & pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez-that song had me crying and I wasn't even there! Thanks for sharing that. I'm so glad you made it to the graduation Geneice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you were able to attend! I am sure Colten was elated that you did not have to miss. It is amazing how the Lord helps us when we most need it! Love ya and miss ya tons!

    ReplyDelete