Friday, June 25, 2010

June 25, 2010

I am so blessed today! I have been thinking alot about family and friends today and would like to express my love to each and everyone of you for the small and large ways that you are helping me and my family out at this very hard time in our lives. Where would we be without family, ALONE! I have the greatest family out there and it extends far and wide. I have been so blessed to have a wonderful cousin who opened her house for me and my whole family to be together, it isn't the same as Fielding, but we are a family together through this. I am very thankful for the wonderful friends that I have that give my family a break and come and take such great care of me and the needs that I have. You are all wonderful people and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I have had the privilege of having Carla Zundel here with me she also brought my Weston and we have been having a great time, road trips to her old stomping grounds, meeting her sister and getting the most delicious homemade cookies ever! No cops have been called as of yet, Weston said.

Today I go in for more chemo and then if the blood and platelets are good I will be getting a week off with no chemo. I hope to get some of my energy back to enjoy a little more outside time, but know it will be a slow process. Oh how I loved to hear the birds chip outside the door last night and to feel the sun on my arm for just a minute. The things that we take for granted or just seem to get to busy to enjoy. I mostly enjoyed just hugging my son and waking up knowing he was right by me!

Well enough mush, Have a great day! Visitors are always welcome! Love to you all.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are doing good and loving you much deserved freedom. I am looking forward to a little visit tomorrow. Is there anything you need? Mom or I can pick anything up for you. Hopefully I can find you. We'll have to see how my detective skills are:) Take care, rest up and I'll see you tomorrow morning sometime.
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geneice, That is great news. Hopefully you can have that week with no meds. I will call you next week and get the address where you are and come down for a visit. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geneice, I loved your last post and am so greatful you can be out of the hospital and enjoy the things that we all take for granted.
    A week off of chemo. What a blessing. Take care and enjoy life. Love You Tons!!!

    ReplyDelete