Monday, June 14, 2010

Set Backs

Well today has not been the greatest of days, the dr.s all think that it is best if I remain here in the hospital for another 1-2 weeks. They need to get my blood counts up higher before setting me free. I was kinda bummed about it, but feel it is in my own best interest. I have received platlets and two pints of blood today. While receiving the first bag of blood I became very shaky and started with a fever, next came the chills so bad that my body was out of control with the shakes that it hurt every bone in my body. Thank goodness for the great nurses who took such great care of me, because I am not going to lie, I was worrried something was going to go wrong. They got my fever and chills under control and I am now recieving my second bag of blood as I type. My appetite has returned and I hauled in my dinner like there was no tomorrow. I am so greatful for the priesthood and all the blessings that it has given me. My brother was here with me and stayed until all was well and gave me a wonderful blessing of comfort. I know I am being looked out for and thank my heavenly father every day and night for the blessings that I have right now in my life. A wonderful family, husband, boys, and especially friends. Love to you all.

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there sis, things will be for your good if you stay there. The nurses and Dr.s are absolutely wonderful and can help you . 2 Weeks will fly by just don't count the days. You always have someone with you so you will get through this. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Think about you constantly!! Love and miss ya!! Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geneice, Hang in there. Unfortunately you have to take the bad with the good. Hopefully they will get your blood figured out so you won't have to have the infusions any more. I will try and stop and see you on thursday night when I come down to my meeting. If you need someone to stay with you one night, just let me know and i would be happy to stay with you. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geneice, I knew things must not have been so good when there was nothing knew posted last night. I just prayed harder and more often.It is hard to have the bad days and makes one even more greatful for the good ones. The priesthood is such a great blessing to each of us. Elder Holland indicated that if the brethren would all honor and use it(priesthood) astounding things would come to pass. He didn't say it exactly like that but that is what I got out of that small portion of his talk on Sunday. We were so fortunate to have him come and be with us at our conference. Have a better day tomorrow. Love you Tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geneice, I am thinking of you and will say an extra prayer for you tonight. I know it must be tough but you are my hero. You will find the silver lining in this new trial as well. All my love and then some! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geneice, Sorry to hear that the last couple of days haven't been the greatest. I hope today (Tuesday) is better. We love you and keep praying for you. Carlee and Brody pray for you nightly now without having to be reminded. Thanks for letting us have another opportunity to strengthen our families testimony of prayer. I'm sure there are many other young children learning this same principle at this time in your immediate, extended and ward families. What a great example you are to all of us. Thank you.
    Love Jared & Julie

    ReplyDelete