Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9, 2010

As I sit here, I have a lot of time to think, worry, and wonder what is next. I still have a lot of fears and uncertainties. I am sure that is not uncommon. I have been really struggling with the thought of loosing my hair and how I will look to my sweetheart, will he still think that I am beautiful, maybe we will be like twins since he shaves his head too. My mind just goes in circles. I enjoyed having Cali Bywater come and have a sleep over, as we call it here in the hospital. We even managed to keep it under control and they didn't have to call security on us. I want her to know that I love and appreciate her friendship more than she will ever know! Last night I could hardly wait to see my little niece, Malaree, and of course my sisters too. When the door opened and she came in all I could do was cry like a baby, she asked her mom why I was crying and I told her I was just missing her pretty smile. She kept me good and entertained. She took me for a walk and was trying to get me to jump the brown lines on the floor, don't try that with a full bladder...oops. I received some very nice packages from the relief society and my dear cousin, Delene Bailey and her family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I also received a visit from my friend and neighbor, Loriann Stokes who has been through the ugly of cancer and knows what I am going through. I love the visits and it keeps my spirits up. I love my family and all they are doing for me, in-laws and all. I keep thinking about what I am going to do different when I get to go home..Maybe let the dishes pile up in the sink for a day, not vacuum the floor or even pick up after anyone, just be the best mom I can and take the time to throw the football with my sons and go on those dates with my husband and smell the flowers and fresh air more often. Boy how your priorities can change in the blink of an eye! Love to all of you.

6 comments:

  1. Bald is beautiful! never let anyone tell you different. I'm sure dad would tell you the same thing. we're here for ya. keep fightin'

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding hair loss--just think, you won't have the stress that taking care of one's hair can cause. For a short time you will be free of getting it cut, coloring, hi-liting, curling, blow drying, washing, teasing, bad hair days, sleeping on it wrong, etc. You will also save money on shampoo, hairspray, gel, cuts, mileage to hair dresser, etc. Just try to enjoy the break cause it will be back before you know it. And don't worry, Jed will, like the rest of us, still think you are beautiful.

    Love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is one of my favorite little stories.

    "She woke up in the morning look in mirror saw 3 hairs on her head,
    "Well", she said, i think i'll braid my hair today, so she did & had a wonderful day.
    Next day looked in mirror, saw 2 hairs on her head.
    "H-M-M' she said, i think I'll part my hair today down the middle today"
    So she did & had a wonderful day.
    Next day she woke up& saw 1 hair on her head,
    "Well", she said i will wear hair in ponytail.
    So she did & had a wonderful day.
    The next day she woke up, looked in mirror, noticed there wasn't a single hair on her head.

    'YAY'! she exclaimed, I don't have to fix my hair today!!!
    Attitude is everything!

    Remember the Lord looketh on the Heart and you have the heart of a champion! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I'm thinking of you always and praying so hard that you will heal and come home. Let's go get a shake when you get home...we'll invite Karen and Tina (maybe Kallen too) Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been constantly thinking of you and praying for you. You look great in the pictures. So beautiful--that wonderful spirit you have shines though, always has and always will. You are one tough cookie!! Love ya tons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geneice, I get a uplifting message everyday called Hope minutes. Hopekid is an group for kids with cancer and other life threating illnesses that my daughter is a member of I felt like I should share today message with you.. Hope all is going well. (( Hugs ))
    Amy Peedle

    6/10/10 Hope minute
    I have heard it said that a birth certificate is proof that we were born, a death certificate is proof that we died, and pictures are proof that we lived.

    I love to walk through the house and look at photos of my kids. For me, there can never be too many. Pictures of when they were younger - they have come so far and are doing so well; pictures of when my hair was darker - I have an experience for each gray hair, difficult then but a treasured memory now.

    I know a HopeKids Mom who always has her camera and takes dozens and dozens of photos at every event and family activity - capturing each precious moment.

    I want to encourage you to remember to take pictures throughout this journey. Even photos during the rough times, treatments and hospital stays.

    And, if your child is old enough, give them a digital camera that is all their own. Let them snap at will. Photos of the doctors, the nurses, the kids in the bed next to them, photos of the visitors, the flowers, the gifts - even of the bald heads, the big needles, and all the tubes and machines to which they are hooked up! Not only does it break some of the tension at times, but it can help give children a purpose, a vision for this journey.

    They are taking photos to look at when they are through all of this, when they are healed. I have sat with children who shed joyful tears as they look at photos of their own past journey. It is a testimony to what they have been through - their strength, their courage, and the Lord's faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete