Friday, September 24, 2010

CNS Phase

This week has not been my favorite of weeks, I started my CNS phase and it has been the roughest so far. I started on Monday with labs, radiation, lumbar poke with chemo in the spinal column, and then 3 different chemos in the I.V. and that was just Monday. Everyday I have gone into the hospital for radiation on the head to keep out the cancer cells from going into the brain. Thursday I had another lumbar poke with chemo in the spine called the triple threat. I don't much care for the triple threat, but if it keeps out the cancer from my spinal column, bring it on. The nurses and Dr. at the hospital are wonderful and I am so grateful to each and everyone of them for their great kindness and concern for me.
I have a much bigger testimony of the power of prayer and how it blesses my life. I find myself praying more and know that my father in heaven is there and listening to his daughter trying to comfort me. I sure don't know where I would be without the priesthood and the blessings that come from these brethren. The priesthood is everywhere! What a great feeling!
I am excited to go and watch my son play football tonight at Ben Lomond High School in Ogden. Then spend the weekend in Fielding. I am counting down the days to coming home and staying, and it feels like sometimes time stands still, but I am a fighter and I will be a survivor!

3 comments:

  1. I'm always thinking of you and praying for you!! Keep on keepin on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day Closer!! You can do it!! MO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration to me. I think of you daily and know that it can't be easy. Know I love you and admire your strength and courage. ONE MORE WEEK!!!! You can do it!
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete